14000 Current Insurance Jobs Open – 27000 projected in the 2012 Insurance …
ORLANDO, Fla., March 26, 2012 -- /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- In a comprehensive survey of insurance companies, agents and brokers, third party administrators and managing general agents, GreatInsuranceJobs.com reports 13,000 open and available jobs, plus a projected addition of 27,000 more by the end of this year. The survey and its findings were released today and are posted on GreatInsuranceJobs.com.
GreatInsuranceJobs.com surveyed 126 insurance entities from across the United States by phone and asked them five questions about their current and projected open positions, along with the challenges they are facing. Combined, these 126 companies represent 319,000 employees, which equates to 15% of all insurance sector employees in the nation.
- 31% of companies are planning on hiring 51 or more employees in 2012.
- 11% of companies are planning on hiring 200 or more employees.
- The top six insurance jobs being recruited for are sales positions, call center, claims adjusters, account managers, customer service and IT (all).
- Skilled insurance industry professionals (underwriters, claims, actuary, product development, account managers) are extremely hard to find and hire.
- Employers indicated they are having challenges recruiting skilled candidates because they no longer have competitive compensation packages that meet job seekers expectations.
- Insurance employers are beginning to use social media to find insurance candidates. Linkedin.com is the main source of candidates in this area.
Additionally, the survey solicited advice from the insurance industry employers, on how a job seeker might best go about getting a job at their company. The most often reported advice: read the job description thoroughly and don't apply if you do not meet the qualifications.
Scott Kotroba, President and CEO of GreatInsuranceJobs.com, says that like last year, employers are still being very strategic and picky in their hiring process, and for good reason, given the large number of mismatched resumes they receive from job seekers. "The challenge for job seekers is how to find the hidden jobs (jobs that may not be advertised at relatively unknown companies) that match their skill sets," states Kotroba. "The bottom line, however, is that the insurance industry has many fantastic jobs available right now!"
For more on those hidden jobs, and a listing of open insurance jobs at the companies surveyed, download the entire white paper at www.GreatInsuranceJobs.com/whitepaper. Media interviews are available upon request.
GreatInsuranceJobs.com, LLC. is the premier online employment website for the Insurance Industry. Over 1,800 employers utilize GreatInsuranceJobs.com to connect with monthly traffic of over 150,000 insurance professionals throughout the country. www.GreatInsuranceJobs.com delivers a highly targeted candidate audience with our #1 position for Insurance Jobs in all major search engines (Google, Yahoo, and Bing). GreatInsuranceJobs.com is the official partner of Summit Business Media, which produces 9 Industry publications through the National Underwriter Companies.
CONTACTName: Roger Lear Email: Roger@GreatInsuranceJobs.comPhone: 800-818-4898
Media Contact: Roger Lear of GreatInsuranceJobs.com, 407-645-4224, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com